India, Afghanistan ink culture pact
New Delhi: India and Afghanistan have signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to promote the arts and cultural heritage of Afghanistan.
The MOU was signed here by India`s Culture Minister Kumari Selja and Afghanistan`s Information and Culture Minister Sayed Makhdoom Raheen, the culture ministry said in a statement on Friday.
The tentative areas of cooperation includes promotion of art and culture, development of archaeological institutions, museums, libraries and archives, preservation and restoration of historical and cultural sites, promotion of cultural heritage of Afghanistan and marketing of cultural places to improve tourism in Afghanistan.
The agreement is part of a broader pact on the National Institution Building Project (NIBP) signed in March 2010 between the Indian external affairs ministry`s Independent Administrative Reforms and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC), the Afghan government and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) for facilitating public sector capacity development in Afghanistan.
The MOU signed ion Friday aims at sending capacity development advisors (CDAs) from India to provide capacity development support to Afghanistan for common functions of government including policy and strategy development, project management, financial management, procurement and human resource management and technical areas.
The contribution by the Indian ministry of culture shall be in kind in terms of provision of services of its experts and advisors according to the agreement.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today
- Baaghi tweet review: First day first show!
- EPF interest rate: Nationwide protest by trade unions today
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput get holiday vibes! See inside
- Priyanka Chopra's dinner date with 'Baywatch' cast! View in pic