India and Germany sign six new pacts
Berlin: India and Germany on Thursday inked six key MoUs including that for putting together Euro seven million for next four years towards joint research in the field of higher education and a pact for a soft loan of Euro one billion for strengthening the green energy corridor.
A pact to promote German as a foreign language was also signed by the two sides following the 2nd round of Inter-Governmental Consultations here.
Under pacts signed, both Germany and India have committed to Euro 3.5 million each towards working on joint research and innovation programmes.
According to officials, under the strengthening of German language collaboration, currently 30,000 children in Kendriya Vidyalaya are learning German and under the pact they will try to increase the capacity.
A pact regarding the establishment of green energy corridor was also signed besides one in agriculture and establishment of a working group in infrastructure, cooperation in standardisation, conformity assessment and product safety.
Under the pact for the green energy corridor, the grid system in several states will be used to transmit energy produced by renewable and non-conventional means.
Another pact for Indo-German civil security research was also signed.
Minister for Human Resources Development Pallam Raju, who is accompanying Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on three-day bilateral visit here, said the two countries knew each other`s strengths and have identified some areas for the joint research.
The Human Resources Development Minister also said Germany has been on a "very sound technical footing" because of which there were many programmes assisted and handled by Germans in both IIT Chennai and IIT, Mandi.
According to official data, around 4500 Indian students are pursuing various courses in Germany, while around 800 German students are studying or doing their internships in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal