India and Sweden to sign MoU in the field of environment
New Delhi: India and Sweden will sign an
MoU providing for exchange of views and information and
collaborative ventures in the field of environment during the
visit of Swedish Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt, who is
arriving here tomorrow.
Reinfeldt, who will be here to attend the 10th
India-EU Summit on November six (Sweden holds the EU`s
rotating presidency at present), will hold bilateral talks
with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"The MoU is ready and final and is likely to be signed
tomorrow," sources said.
Besides providing for exchange of information, the
pact will also provide for setting-up of a joint working group
to see the implementation.
Sources said Sweden has a marked expertise in the
field of environment and this pact will be useful for
On the interest shown by Sweden for Indian talent, the
sources said, that country is interested in getting more
skilled Indian workers and is also ready to impart and
upgrade, based on the requirement of a job, the skill among
the professionals here.
Sweden is also taking steps to have a expeditious visa
process to enable such professionals to travel, the sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- India braces for more heat after temperature breaks records; over 300 dead in Telangana
- Manipur HSLC Result 2016, BSEM HSLC Class 10th Results 2016, Manipur Board HSLC (10th Class) Results 2016 to be declared on May 24
- Sensex falls for 4th day on Fed rate hike caution
- Divyanka Tripathi, Vivek Dahiya to marry on July 8
- Ageing is not bad at all, Sushmita Sen explains why!