India and Sweden to sign MoU in the field of environment
New Delhi: India and Sweden will sign an
MoU providing for exchange of views and information and
collaborative ventures in the field of environment during the
visit of Swedish Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt, who is
arriving here tomorrow.
Reinfeldt, who will be here to attend the 10th
India-EU Summit on November six (Sweden holds the EU`s
rotating presidency at present), will hold bilateral talks
with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"The MoU is ready and final and is likely to be signed
tomorrow," sources said.
Besides providing for exchange of information, the
pact will also provide for setting-up of a joint working group
to see the implementation.
Sources said Sweden has a marked expertise in the
field of environment and this pact will be useful for
On the interest shown by Sweden for Indian talent, the
sources said, that country is interested in getting more
skilled Indian workers and is also ready to impart and
upgrade, based on the requirement of a job, the skill among
the professionals here.
Sweden is also taking steps to have a expeditious visa
process to enable such professionals to travel, the sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Playing with lives of soldiers? Jawans in Siachen may have been given substandard snow suits to fight -60 deg C
- Euro 2016: Spain veteran Iker Casillas hints at retirement after team's defeat against Italy
- Jailed ex-MP Shahabuddin shifted to AIIMS
- Facebook to give more prominence to family and friends, not media
- PM Modi asks babus for effective redressal of consumer grievances