India and Sweden to sign MoU in the field of environment
New Delhi: India and Sweden will sign an
MoU providing for exchange of views and information and
collaborative ventures in the field of environment during the
visit of Swedish Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt, who is
arriving here tomorrow.
Reinfeldt, who will be here to attend the 10th
India-EU Summit on November six (Sweden holds the EU`s
rotating presidency at present), will hold bilateral talks
with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"The MoU is ready and final and is likely to be signed
tomorrow," sources said.
Besides providing for exchange of information, the
pact will also provide for setting-up of a joint working group
to see the implementation.
Sources said Sweden has a marked expertise in the
field of environment and this pact will be useful for
On the interest shown by Sweden for Indian talent, the
sources said, that country is interested in getting more
skilled Indian workers and is also ready to impart and
upgrade, based on the requirement of a job, the skill among
the professionals here.
Sweden is also taking steps to have a expeditious visa
process to enable such professionals to travel, the sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi