India announces to contribute $ 1 mn to UNRWA
New Delhi: India on Monday announced its decision
to contribute one million dollars to the United Nations Relief
and Works Agency (UNRWA) for Palestine Refugees in the Near
The decision has been conveyed by Minister of State for
External Affairs Shashi Tharoor to Commissioner General of
UNRWA Karen AbuZayd in a letter, External Affairs Ministry
said in a statement.
UNRWA is marking its 60th anniversary this year and the
contribution is in keeping with India`s consistent and
principled support for the people of Palestine.
In January 2009, in response to an UNRWA Flash Appeal,
India had made a special assistance of one million dollars for
relief work in Gaza Strip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor