India attaches highest importance to ties with Bangladesh: Narayanasamy
New Delhi: India attaches highest importance to its relationship with neighbouring Bangladesh, Minister of State in Prime Minister`s Office V Narayanasamy said on Wednesday.
Welcoming Bangladesh Prime Minister`s Adviser Hossain Toufique Imam, on the sidelines of an international conference here, Narayanasamy referred to New Delhi`s commitment on cooperation with Dhaka on all issues including Teesta water sharing.
Referring to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s visit to Dhaka in September last year, he said it saw a very fruitful dialogue on bilateral matters.
The Minister also referred to cultural identity of people of Bangladesh and India and the relationship between the two countries since 1971, an official statement said here.
Narayanasamy mentioned commonality between the two countries on health, education, and border issues.
The meeting took place during the three day Commonwealth Association for Public Administration and Management (CAPAM) Biennial Conference being hosted by India here.
Imam thanked Narayanasamy for the warm welcome and referred to the resurgence of bilateral relations since 1971, it said.
He referred to the visit of Bangladesh Prime Minister to India in 2010 which improved bilateral relationship between the two countries.
"This has led to an improvement on all the fronts such as industry, business, power sector, border trade, including demolition of trade barriers which will help in minimising the trade imbalance," the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days