India attaches highest importance to ties with Bangladesh: Narayanasamy
New Delhi: India attaches highest importance to its relationship with neighbouring Bangladesh, Minister of State in Prime Minister`s Office V Narayanasamy said on Wednesday.
Welcoming Bangladesh Prime Minister`s Adviser Hossain Toufique Imam, on the sidelines of an international conference here, Narayanasamy referred to New Delhi`s commitment on cooperation with Dhaka on all issues including Teesta water sharing.
Referring to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s visit to Dhaka in September last year, he said it saw a very fruitful dialogue on bilateral matters.
The Minister also referred to cultural identity of people of Bangladesh and India and the relationship between the two countries since 1971, an official statement said here.
Narayanasamy mentioned commonality between the two countries on health, education, and border issues.
The meeting took place during the three day Commonwealth Association for Public Administration and Management (CAPAM) Biennial Conference being hosted by India here.
Imam thanked Narayanasamy for the warm welcome and referred to the resurgence of bilateral relations since 1971, it said.
He referred to the visit of Bangladesh Prime Minister to India in 2010 which improved bilateral relationship between the two countries.
"This has led to an improvement on all the fronts such as industry, business, power sector, border trade, including demolition of trade barriers which will help in minimising the trade imbalance," the statement added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed