India bags five medals at International Math Olympaid
Mumbai: India bagged three silver and two Bronze medals at the 50th International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) which concluded today at Bremen, Germany.
A total of 108 countries participated in the prestigious
world event for young meritorious students in mathematics.
India was represented by a six member team of which
three students -- Akashnil Dutta from Kolkata, Ananth Shankar
from Chennai and Samir Wagh from Pune -- received silver
Subhadip Choudhury of Midnapur, West Bengal and Gaurav
Patil from Pune got two bronze medals.
Another student Akshay Mittal from New Delhi had received
honourable mention at the Olympiad, according to a release
The team was led by C R Pranechar of the Mathematical
Olympiad Cell at the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education.
Zafar Ahmad of BARC was the deputy leader of the team and
S A Katre of the University of Pune accompanied them as an
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof