India, Bangladesh hopeful of signing bilateral agreements
New Delhi: India and Bangladesh are hopeful of singing some agreements during Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s proposed visit to that country next month.
Bangladesh Home Minister Muhiuddin Khan Alamgir conveyed this to President Pranab Mukherjee during their meeting at Rashtrapati Bhavan here on Saturday.
The Home Minister of Bangladesh briefed the President on his talks with Shinde and expressed satisfaction at the discussions, an official release said.
Alamgir had met Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde earlier this week. He also met External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid and National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon.
"The Home Minister conveyed that both sides are hopeful of signing some agreements during the visit to Bangladesh by the Indian Home Minister next month," the release said.
Both the countries are likely to sign extradition treaty among others during Shinde`s visit to Dhaka.
The President expressed his appreciation to Bangladesh government for having chosen him for an honour in connection with his contribution to the liberation of Bangladesh.
He also thanked Bangladesh government for the invitation for him to visit the country. He said details would be worked out through diplomatic channels, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH