India, Bangladesh hopeful of signing bilateral agreements
New Delhi: India and Bangladesh are hopeful of singing some agreements during Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s proposed visit to that country next month.
Bangladesh Home Minister Muhiuddin Khan Alamgir conveyed this to President Pranab Mukherjee during their meeting at Rashtrapati Bhavan here on Saturday.
The Home Minister of Bangladesh briefed the President on his talks with Shinde and expressed satisfaction at the discussions, an official release said.
Alamgir had met Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde earlier this week. He also met External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid and National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon.
"The Home Minister conveyed that both sides are hopeful of signing some agreements during the visit to Bangladesh by the Indian Home Minister next month," the release said.
Both the countries are likely to sign extradition treaty among others during Shinde`s visit to Dhaka.
The President expressed his appreciation to Bangladesh government for having chosen him for an honour in connection with his contribution to the liberation of Bangladesh.
He also thanked Bangladesh government for the invitation for him to visit the country. He said details would be worked out through diplomatic channels, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why