India-Bangladesh to discuss insurgents issue; BGB team coming
New Delhi: India is likely to ask Bangladesh to flush out North East insurgents hiding in its territory and check cross-border movement of smugglers and illegal migrants during the forthcoming parleys between the two border guarding forces here.
A delegation of the Border Guards Bangladesh (BGB) is set to arrive in India on August 20 for the bi-annual talks with their counterparts in the Border Security Force (BSF).
The two delegations, to be led by their Directors Generals (DsG), are expected to raise issues related to border security, safety of border residents and illegal activities taking place along the over 4,000 km frontier.
"India is expected to raise the issue of insurgents and other illegal elements who are reported to be hiding in the neighbouring territory. Also, issues related to making the border more secure and peaceful would be discussed during the five-day visit of the Bangladeshi delegation," a senior official said.
The BSF is also expected to brief the BGB about measures it has taken to secure the border including deployment of more non-lethal weapons to bring down casualty figures along this open frontier.
Both the forces are also expected to sign a joint record of discussions after their talks later in the week which would also witness the customary exchange of classified data on smugglers and their activities by both the sides.
The talks will be held at the BSF headquarters in the national capital here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation