India better off under British? RSS thinks so
New Delhi: In what can spur off a controversial debate the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) on Wednesday said that the country was in a much better situation under the British rule.
As per reports in a leading daily, the RSS sarsanghchalak Mohan Bhagwat lamented on the fact that the ‘rich and the influential’ were dominating politics. He also raised concerns on the increasing price rise and high inflation.
The RSS chief was quoted by the newspaper as saying, “All political parties were in power at some time or the other during the last 64 years but the situation has not improved. Hence, citizens must introspect as to what went wrong.”
Mohan Bhagwat’s statement can also be seen as a condemnation of the NDA rule of six years under Atal Bihari Vajpayee. BJP is the political wing of RSS.
This comment by the RSS comes at a time when the organization has been under attack for being involved in terror activities by political parties like the Congress and the Left after the recent arrest of former RSS worker Kamal Chauhan in Samjhauta Express blast case.
The NIA had arrested the Indore-based RSS worker for his alleged role in the 2007 train attack that left 68 people, mostly Pakistanis, dead.
Chouhan is believed to be a close aide of Ramji Kalsangra and Sandeep Dange, key accused in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons