India-Bhutan discuss important bilateral issues
New Delhi: India and Bhutan on Monday discussed
important international and bilateral issues, including ways
to strengthen cooperation between the two countries in key
Bhutan King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, who arrived
here yesterday, held a series of meetings with Indian
leadership, including President Pratibha Patil and Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh, during which entire gamut of
bilateral ties were discussed.
"Decision to visit India just a week after our wedding
came naturally. India has a special place in our hearts," the
King, who is accompanied by his wife Queen Jetsun Pema
The King is here on a state-visit and will spend his
honeymoon in Rajasthan where he will visit Jaipur, Jodhpur and
This is the first visit abroad of the King after the
Royal Wedding on October 13 and the fourth trip to India since
his coronation in November 2008.
The visit is in keeping with the tradition of regular
high-level visits and exchanges between India and Bhutan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped