India-Bhutan discuss important bilateral issues
New Delhi: India and Bhutan on Monday discussed
important international and bilateral issues, including ways
to strengthen cooperation between the two countries in key
Bhutan King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, who arrived
here yesterday, held a series of meetings with Indian
leadership, including President Pratibha Patil and Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh, during which entire gamut of
bilateral ties were discussed.
"Decision to visit India just a week after our wedding
came naturally. India has a special place in our hearts," the
King, who is accompanied by his wife Queen Jetsun Pema
The King is here on a state-visit and will spend his
honeymoon in Rajasthan where he will visit Jaipur, Jodhpur and
This is the first visit abroad of the King after the
Royal Wedding on October 13 and the fourth trip to India since
his coronation in November 2008.
The visit is in keeping with the tradition of regular
high-level visits and exchanges between India and Bhutan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part IV
- Amitabh Bachchan proud of hosting girl child segment at government's gala
- LGBT community won't be free till section 377 exists: Celina Jaitley
- Premature babies at greater of risk of osteoporosis in adulthood
- Government to crack down on savings scams as PM Modi backs banking for all
- Is your SOUL mature enough? Find out here