India-Bhutan discuss important bilateral issues
New Delhi: India and Bhutan on Monday discussed
important international and bilateral issues, including ways
to strengthen cooperation between the two countries in key
Bhutan King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, who arrived
here yesterday, held a series of meetings with Indian
leadership, including President Pratibha Patil and Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh, during which entire gamut of
bilateral ties were discussed.
"Decision to visit India just a week after our wedding
came naturally. India has a special place in our hearts," the
King, who is accompanied by his wife Queen Jetsun Pema
The King is here on a state-visit and will spend his
honeymoon in Rajasthan where he will visit Jaipur, Jodhpur and
This is the first visit abroad of the King after the
Royal Wedding on October 13 and the fourth trip to India since
his coronation in November 2008.
The visit is in keeping with the tradition of regular
high-level visits and exchanges between India and Bhutan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees