India-Bhutan discuss important bilateral issues
New Delhi: India and Bhutan on Monday discussed
important international and bilateral issues, including ways
to strengthen cooperation between the two countries in key
Bhutan King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, who arrived
here yesterday, held a series of meetings with Indian
leadership, including President Pratibha Patil and Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh, during which entire gamut of
bilateral ties were discussed.
"Decision to visit India just a week after our wedding
came naturally. India has a special place in our hearts," the
King, who is accompanied by his wife Queen Jetsun Pema
The King is here on a state-visit and will spend his
honeymoon in Rajasthan where he will visit Jaipur, Jodhpur and
This is the first visit abroad of the King after the
Royal Wedding on October 13 and the fourth trip to India since
his coronation in November 2008.
The visit is in keeping with the tradition of regular
high-level visits and exchanges between India and Bhutan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!