India building a protected `chancellery` in Afghanistan
New Delhi: The government is in the process
of building a well-protected "chancellery" cum living quarters
in Kabul, which will house over 500 Indians within its safe
Home Ministry officials said construction was on in full
swing on the particular piece of land in Kabul that India had
bought in 1963 in the diplomatic area, where the US and the UK
have built their embassies and living places.
They said the best anti-sabotage technology and mind are
being put in place to prevent any casualty of Indians within
the area in case of any terror attack.
Boom-barriers, refurbished walls to withstand impact of a
bomb blast and infra-red CCTV cameras among others would also
be put into place besides ITBP commandos, who will give round
the clock security to the buildings within the area.
They said the protected area will also house government
officials involved in developmental work in the war ravaged
The move to make such a protected area comes just weeks
after a series of attacks carried out on lodges which left
seven Indians dead, including three major rank officers of the
As per both domestic and international intelligence
agencies, Indian establishments in Kabul are high on terror
The government has already sanctioned another 40 ITBP
commandos for security of Indian establishments in Kabul,
which will take the total number of personnel to over 200.
India is reworking its strategy on its presence there
while continuing with the developmental projects to which it
has affirmed its commitment.
About 4000 Indians are engaged in reconstruction projects
in health, power, roads and social sector across Afghanistan.
A team of central security agencies would also leave
for Afghanistan shortly to review the security situation.
Based on the report filed by the team, sources said the
government would decide whether to scale up the deployment of
Indian security personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum