`India can address its current political dispute`
Washington: US has expressed confidence over India`s ability to address its current political disputes through its own democratic system.
"We are confident that India is going to be able to address its current political disputes, its internal issues,
through its own democratic system," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters at her daily news conference.
Notably, social activist Anna Hazare`s hunger strike for a strong Lokpal has triggered huge protests across India.
"We support peaceful protest. India has a strong, vibrant democracy, and that`s where we stand," Nuland said in response to a question.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh