`India can address its current political dispute`
Washington: US has expressed confidence over India`s ability to address its current political disputes through its own democratic system.
"We are confident that India is going to be able to address its current political disputes, its internal issues,
through its own democratic system," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters at her daily news conference.
Notably, social activist Anna Hazare`s hunger strike for a strong Lokpal has triggered huge protests across India.
"We support peaceful protest. India has a strong, vibrant democracy, and that`s where we stand," Nuland said in response to a question.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi