`India can address its current political dispute`
Washington: US has expressed confidence over India`s ability to address its current political disputes through its own democratic system.
"We are confident that India is going to be able to address its current political disputes, its internal issues,
through its own democratic system," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters at her daily news conference.
Notably, social activist Anna Hazare`s hunger strike for a strong Lokpal has triggered huge protests across India.
"We support peaceful protest. India has a strong, vibrant democracy, and that`s where we stand," Nuland said in response to a question.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley