India can`t be cowed down by such blatant attack: Sonia Gandhi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Condemning the killing of five Indian soldiers by Pakistani troops along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir’s Poonch district, Congress chief Sonia Gandhi on Tuesday said that India can`t be cowed down by such blatant attack.
Reacting to the development, Congress chief said, "Congress party and nation stand by the martyred soldiers. We will not be cowed down by such blatant acts of deceit."
The UPA chairperson also urged the Government of India to take appropriate measures in this regard.
The reaction from Sonia Gandhi came in the backdrop of criticism from political parties that the Congress government is soft on Pakistan despite several instances of ceasefire violation by the neighbouring country.
In the wake of government`s criticism, Minister of Information and Broadcasting Manish Tewari today assured that the Ministry of Defence would come out with an appropriate response.
“It is very unfortunate that even before the full details of the incident are in, people have started reacting in a matter which is extremely partisan. There are certain issues which are above politics. Let’s ascertain all the details and I am confident that the Ministry of Defence will come out with an appropriate response,” he told mediapersons here.
Tewari also requested opposition parties to stop politicising this issue. “I would like to request our friends in the opposition that there are certain issues on which you do not need to play politics,” he said.
He further asserted that the UPA Government has always been unrelenting on questions of national security and said that the Government has always been more than forthcoming on issues that needed to be surmounted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof