India capable of protecting its citizens: Sena
Mumbai: Sharply reacting to Rehman Malik`s statement that the Indian government should provide security to Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan, the Shiv Sena on Tuesday said that India was "capable" of protecting its citizens and is not "answerable" to Pakistan.
"They (Pakistan) should not meddle in our internal affairs. The Government in India is capable of protecting its citizens. Our government is not answerable to Pakistan. Pakistan should instead protect the Hindu minority in their country," Sena spokesperson Sanjay Raut said.
Raut said the government in the neighbouring country should protect temples, which are being demolished by militant groups there.
"Also, there is a serious law and order problem in Pakistan. There is anarchy over there. Pakistan is running terrorist organisations," he alleged.
Raut said that were expecting a response in the same tone from the Home Minister (Sushilkumar Shinde) too.
"But going by the statements which he makes, it seems that he is the Home Minister of that (Pak) country," he said.
The Pakistan Interior Minister made the controversial remarks yesterday while interacting with reporters at a reception organised by High Commissioner Sharat Sabharwal to mark India`s Republic Day. He was responding to questions about a first-person account penned by Shah Rukh in a magazine, in which the star focused on his experiences as a Muslim in the post-9/11 world.
On whether the 47-year-old actor courted controversy with his comments, Raut simply said, "he may have."
"More than Shah Rukh, South star Kamal Hassan needs security at this moment, as he is receiving threats for his new film," the Sena leader added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp