India capable of protecting its citizens: Sena
Mumbai: Sharply reacting to Rehman Malik`s statement that the Indian government should provide security to Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan, the Shiv Sena on Tuesday said that India was "capable" of protecting its citizens and is not "answerable" to Pakistan.
"They (Pakistan) should not meddle in our internal affairs. The Government in India is capable of protecting its citizens. Our government is not answerable to Pakistan. Pakistan should instead protect the Hindu minority in their country," Sena spokesperson Sanjay Raut said.
Raut said the government in the neighbouring country should protect temples, which are being demolished by militant groups there.
"Also, there is a serious law and order problem in Pakistan. There is anarchy over there. Pakistan is running terrorist organisations," he alleged.
Raut said that were expecting a response in the same tone from the Home Minister (Sushilkumar Shinde) too.
"But going by the statements which he makes, it seems that he is the Home Minister of that (Pak) country," he said.
The Pakistan Interior Minister made the controversial remarks yesterday while interacting with reporters at a reception organised by High Commissioner Sharat Sabharwal to mark India`s Republic Day. He was responding to questions about a first-person account penned by Shah Rukh in a magazine, in which the star focused on his experiences as a Muslim in the post-9/11 world.
On whether the 47-year-old actor courted controversy with his comments, Raut simply said, "he may have."
"More than Shah Rukh, South star Kamal Hassan needs security at this moment, as he is receiving threats for his new film," the Sena leader added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days