‘India capable of taking out 26/11 perpetrators’
New Delhi: India said Monday it has the capability to take out the perpetrators of the 26/11 Mumbai terror strike in the manner the US had eliminated Al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden, but did not elaborate.
The Indian Air Force chief, Air Chief Marshal PV Naik, reacting to US special forces` operation taking out bin Laden, said: "We have the capability...."
But he refused to elaborate, saying: "No, I would not like to..."
He was asked if India can carry out an operation against the 26/11 masterminds in the manner the US had acted against bin Laden.
"As far as I am concerned, it is one less terrorist in the world, although he is a very iconic figure in the terrorist world. It is a good thing that he has been eliminated," Naik said on the sidelines of an Air Force Association event here.
Asked what he thought would be the implication of bin Laden`s elimination, he said: "Hopefully, it will reduce the impact or the intensity of terrorism."
But, Naik warned that bin Laden controlled a large terror group and there was "a chance that this group may, in retaliation, do something".
"Where they will do, what they will do, nobody knows. Obviously, every sane man would increase his security status a little bit till you analyse what the trend is going to be and what they are going to do.
"So I am sure all the countries in the world are doing this. India is a country in the world, so we are also doing it," he said to a question if India too had put in place security measures in anticipation of retribution from Al Qaeda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America