‘India capable of taking out 26/11 perpetrators’
New Delhi: India said Monday it has the capability to take out the perpetrators of the 26/11 Mumbai terror strike in the manner the US had eliminated Al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden, but did not elaborate.
The Indian Air Force chief, Air Chief Marshal PV Naik, reacting to US special forces` operation taking out bin Laden, said: "We have the capability...."
But he refused to elaborate, saying: "No, I would not like to..."
He was asked if India can carry out an operation against the 26/11 masterminds in the manner the US had acted against bin Laden.
"As far as I am concerned, it is one less terrorist in the world, although he is a very iconic figure in the terrorist world. It is a good thing that he has been eliminated," Naik said on the sidelines of an Air Force Association event here.
Asked what he thought would be the implication of bin Laden`s elimination, he said: "Hopefully, it will reduce the impact or the intensity of terrorism."
But, Naik warned that bin Laden controlled a large terror group and there was "a chance that this group may, in retaliation, do something".
"Where they will do, what they will do, nobody knows. Obviously, every sane man would increase his security status a little bit till you analyse what the trend is going to be and what they are going to do.
"So I am sure all the countries in the world are doing this. India is a country in the world, so we are also doing it," he said to a question if India too had put in place security measures in anticipation of retribution from Al Qaeda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city