‘India capable of taking out 26/11 perpetrators’
New Delhi: India said Monday it has the capability to take out the perpetrators of the 26/11 Mumbai terror strike in the manner the US had eliminated Al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden, but did not elaborate.
The Indian Air Force chief, Air Chief Marshal PV Naik, reacting to US special forces` operation taking out bin Laden, said: "We have the capability...."
But he refused to elaborate, saying: "No, I would not like to..."
He was asked if India can carry out an operation against the 26/11 masterminds in the manner the US had acted against bin Laden.
"As far as I am concerned, it is one less terrorist in the world, although he is a very iconic figure in the terrorist world. It is a good thing that he has been eliminated," Naik said on the sidelines of an Air Force Association event here.
Asked what he thought would be the implication of bin Laden`s elimination, he said: "Hopefully, it will reduce the impact or the intensity of terrorism."
But, Naik warned that bin Laden controlled a large terror group and there was "a chance that this group may, in retaliation, do something".
"Where they will do, what they will do, nobody knows. Obviously, every sane man would increase his security status a little bit till you analyse what the trend is going to be and what they are going to do.
"So I am sure all the countries in the world are doing this. India is a country in the world, so we are also doing it," he said to a question if India too had put in place security measures in anticipation of retribution from Al Qaeda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- Not everything they taught you in science was true - 10 myths debunked in this 3-min VIDEO!
- Home Minister level talks: India, Bangladesh resolve to fight terrorism together
- Ukraine at UN says Putin's Crimea decree 'null and void'
- Evening showers bring Gurugram to a grinding halt
- J&K govt to provide support for smooth functioning of schools