India, China bhai bhai, says Chinese Consul General
Mumbai: This is one refrain which may sound
a bit jarring in the backdrop of reports of incursions by
China into Indian territory: the newly-appointed Consul
General of China in Mumbai Wang Donghua today said, "India and
China are not just neighbours, but are brothers too".
"We are not just neighbours, but brothers too. Both the
countries are emerging superpowers and therefore, peace and
development in the region will benefit them and the world,"
he said during a meeting with Maharashtra Governor S C Jamir
at Raj Bhawan in south Mumbai.
We have lots of common interests than differences. All
existing disputes between China and India, including the
border dispute, can be resolved by peaceful negotiations, a
Raj Bhawan official quoted the Chinese diplomat as saying
during his courtesy call.
Welcoming the Consul General, Jamir said the future of
the world depends to a large extent on how China and India
build cooperation between them.
"Minor incidents and setbacks should not be allowed to
disturb peace and good relations between the two nations. Both
India and China have inner strength that enabled them to
withstand the economic recession," the Governor said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok