India, China border personnel meet at Nathu La in Sikkim
Kolkata: A Border Personnel Meeting between India and China was held at Nathu La in Sikkim, defence officials said on Monday.
Uniformed members from both sides yesterday attended the BPM organised by India, a defence release stated here.
While Brigadier SK Sengar led the 11-member Indian delegation, a senior PLA Colonel (equivalent to the rank of a brigadier) headed an identical number of people in the PLA delegation, the release said.
Various issues were discussed in a warm, cordial and friendly atmosphere. Mutual cooperation and maintenance of peace at the border was also discussed during the meeting.
A cultural programme followed the meet.
BPMs between the two armies serve as vital platforms for discussing local issues and enhancing mutual understanding and confidence, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog