India, China border personnel meet at Nathu La in Sikkim
Kolkata: A Border Personnel Meeting between India and China was held at Nathu La in Sikkim, defence officials said on Monday.
Uniformed members from both sides yesterday attended the BPM organised by India, a defence release stated here.
While Brigadier SK Sengar led the 11-member Indian delegation, a senior PLA Colonel (equivalent to the rank of a brigadier) headed an identical number of people in the PLA delegation, the release said.
Various issues were discussed in a warm, cordial and friendly atmosphere. Mutual cooperation and maintenance of peace at the border was also discussed during the meeting.
A cultural programme followed the meet.
BPMs between the two armies serve as vital platforms for discussing local issues and enhancing mutual understanding and confidence, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli