India, China for practical solution to border problem: PM
On Board PM`s Special Aircraft: A day after meeting his Chinese counterpart Wen Jiabao, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday said they had resolved to find "pragmatic and mutually satisfactory" solution to the border problem and remove "misunderstandings" to strengthen ties.
Singh said he had discussed with Wen the totality of issues in a general way and he agreed with the Chinese Premier that there was enough space in the world for both the countries to grow and that they should cooperate and collaborate.
"We reaffirmed the two countries` resolve to find a practical, pragmatic and mutually satisfactory solution to the border problem," he told reporters on his way back home after a seven-day tour that took him to Japan, Malaysia and Vietnam.
The Prime Minister was asked about the sense of his meeting with Wen, which came in the backdrop of irritants resulting from China impliedly questioning the status of Jammu and Kashmir as also by laying claim to Arunachal Pradesh.
Recognising the complexity of the border issue, the two sides had agreed that pending a solution to it "peace and tranquillity should be maintained along the border”.
Singh and Wen had yesterday instructed their Special Representatives on the issue to "work our way to solutions to all the issues that are difficult in our relationship, including boundary question".
The Special Representatives -- India`s National Security Adviser Shivshankar Menon and top Chinese official Dai Bingguo -- will meet in Beijing next month.
"Whatever Premier Wen said, I agree. India-China relations should be strengthened. Whatever misunderstandings are there should be removed," the Prime Minister said.
In this context, Singh said he had invited Wen to visit India and he had accepted to do so in the near future. Wen is expected to visit India sometime in the middle of December.
During the meeting yesterday in Hanoi on the sidelines of the East Asia Summit, Singh took up with Wen "difficult questions" impacting on Sino-Indian ties and pressed for "sensitivity" to India`s "core issues".
The two leaders, while going through the entire range of relationship taking the "larger strategic view”, also discussed the economic aspect of the ties in the backdrop of concerns in India over the big trade imbalance in favour of China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!