India, China hold 4th round of strategic dialogue
Beijing: India and China today held their fourth round of strategic dialogue to discuss a host of issues such as New Delhi`s concerns relating to issuance of stapled visas by Beijing for Kashmiris and its bid for a permanent
seat on the UN Security Council.
Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao, who headed the Indian
delegation, held talks with her Chinese counterpart Vice
Foreign Minister Zhang Zhijun here.
The talks are regarded as a part of wider consultative
process to prepare the ground work for next month`s visit of
Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao to New Delhi.
Rao`s talks came close on the heels of a lengthy
bilateral meeting between External Affairs Minister S M
Krishna and his Chinese counterpart Yang Jeichi on the
sidelines of RIC Foreign Ministers summit at Wuhan in China.
The two ministers had covered a host of issues
relating to mutual concerns. The strategic dialogue was
regarded as more informal forum where the two sides were
expected to exchange views on bilateral, regional and global
issues in detail.
India is looking to China to address its major
concerns like stapled visas being issued to residents of Jammu and Kashmir by Beijing despite its protests.
The issue turned out to be a major stumbling block in
bilateral ties as the recent refusal of visa to top Indian
General B S Jaswal on the ground that he headed troops of
Northern Command, which included Jammu and Kashmir, resulted
in India putting a hold on defence exchanges with China.
Also the endorsement of India`s candidature for the
permanent seat in the UNSC by US President Barrack Obama
during his visit to New Delhi has left only China among the
five veto wielding members of the UNSC to take a stand on it
as the other four has tentatively indicated their support.
Also a host of other issues including India`s concerns
over China`s plans to build a dam over Brahmaputra river and
reported presence of Chinese personnel for various projects in
Pakistan-occupied Kashmir were expected to figure in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'