‘India, China need to work on post-Copenhagen strategy’
New Delhi: Asserting that India and China have protected the interests of the developing world at Copenhagen climate conference, External Affairs Minister SM Krishna told his Chinese counterpart Tuesday that they now have to evolve a post-Copenhagen strategy.
Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi called up Krishna and during the conversation they "discussed India-China cooperation on climate change, including possible follow-on measures flowing from the recent Copenhagen summit", the External Affairs Ministry said in a statement.
Krishna noted that India and China "had worked closely and effectively together at Copenhagen, thereby safeguarding the interests of developing countries."
"He (Krishna) stressed that the developing world, including India and China, needs to evaluate the results of the Copenhagen Conference and then decide on a strategy for the post-Copenhagen process," said the MEA press note.
The Indian minister will be visiting China in the first half of next year, after the Chinese foreign minister reiterated his invitation.
Next year would also mark 60th anniversary of establishment of diplomatic relations.
India and China along with Brazil and South Africa formed the BASIC group at Copenhagen, which had reached a last-minute accord with the United States on climate change. In the accord, these countries agreed to cut down on carbon emission intensity levels, but without setting any legally binding targets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!