`India-China partnership gathering pace`
New York: India was working hard to outline the next stage of its bilateral ties with China, Foreign Minister Salman Khurshid said after meeting with his Chinese counterpart here.
Khurshid met with his Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi on Wednesday on the sidelines of United Nations General Assembly session, Xinhua reported.
In their fourth meeting this year, Wang said the China-India strategic partnership was gathering pace and making progress.
Wang said during Chinese Premier Li Keqiang`s visit to India in May, the two countries achieved fruitful results and injected a strong impetus into the future development of bilateral ties.
The Chinese minister said at present the two sides were working to deepen pragmatic cooperation, enhance mutual trust and search for solutions to pending issues.
The two sides were also working to accelerate the construction of the economic corridor linking China, Bangladesh, India and Myanmar, while advancing cooperation on railway and industrial complex projects, he added.
Wang pointed out that both China and India were big developing countries with large population, sharing the same or similar views on many international and regional issues.
China was willing to strengthen communication and coordination with India on major international issues such as Syria and the Iranian nuclear issue, he said.
Khurshid said the India-China relationship was one of the most important bilateral relations in the world.
He said the two sides have been actively implementing the consensus reached during Li`s India visit.
Khurshid expressed India`s willingness to work with China to enhance cooperation in all dimensions and enrich the content of the bilateral strategic cooperative partnership.
He said that the two countries share similar stances, concerns and common interests on major global or regional issues, and that India is ready to strengthen cooperation with China on various issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened