India, China should have common perception about LAC: Kaur
New Delhi: Incidents arising out of
boundary dispute with China can be avoided if both the
countries have a common perception about the Line of Actual
Control (LAC), the government on Wednesday said.
"On account of differences in the perception of the
LAC, situations have arisen on the ground that could have been
avoided if we had a common perception of the LAC," Minister of
State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur told the Lok Sabha.
She was responding to a question on whether intrusion
by China in India territory has been increasing constantly.
Kaur said India regularly takes up any transgression
along the LAC with the Chinese side through established
mechanism, including diplomatic channels.
"Government keeps a constant watch on all developments
having a bearing on India`s security and takes all necessary
measures to safeguard it," she said.
On whether there was any undeclared restriction on
media with regard to reporting about activities in the border
region, she said there was no such specific restrictions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state