India, China talks on boundary issue tomorrow
New Delhi: India and China would be looking
for progress in resolving the vexed boundary issue when their
Special Representatives meet here tomorrow to discuss the
framework of the final settlement.
National Security Adviser M K Narayanan and Chinese
State Councillor Dai Bingguo will hold the 13th round of talks
on the boundary question here for two days.
Ahead of the meeting, sources here said the two sides
were making efforts to expeditiously resolve the "complex"
issue while maintaining peace and tranquility on the border.
Significantly, the discussions between the Special
Representatives would for the first time go beyond the
boundary issue to cover "regional and other issues of mutual
The boundary talks between the Special Representatives,
launched in 2003, are in the second phase and are being held
on the basis of Political Parameters and Guiding Principles
agreed between the two countries in 2005.
The two sides are currently exploring the framework for
the final package of the resolution that will cover all
sectors of the border, sources said here today.
The discussions are intended to take into account the
areas with settled population as well, they said.
After the framework is finalised, the actual delineation
of the boundary will start, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'