India, China talks on boundary issue tomorrow
New Delhi: India and China would be looking
for progress in resolving the vexed boundary issue when their
Special Representatives meet here tomorrow to discuss the
framework of the final settlement.
National Security Adviser M K Narayanan and Chinese
State Councillor Dai Bingguo will hold the 13th round of talks
on the boundary question here for two days.
Ahead of the meeting, sources here said the two sides
were making efforts to expeditiously resolve the "complex"
issue while maintaining peace and tranquility on the border.
Significantly, the discussions between the Special
Representatives would for the first time go beyond the
boundary issue to cover "regional and other issues of mutual
The boundary talks between the Special Representatives,
launched in 2003, are in the second phase and are being held
on the basis of Political Parameters and Guiding Principles
agreed between the two countries in 2005.
The two sides are currently exploring the framework for
the final package of the resolution that will cover all
sectors of the border, sources said here today.
The discussions are intended to take into account the
areas with settled population as well, they said.
After the framework is finalised, the actual delineation
of the boundary will start, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues