New Delh: India and China are expected to discuss incursions by PLA soldiers, which are continuing even after the signing of a new border pact, and setting up of a hotline between the two Armies during their Annual Defence Dialogue starting February 24.
During the sixth round of Defence Secretary-level talks here, the two countries are also expected to review the functioning of the Border Defence Cooperation Agreement (BDCA) signed between them in October last year.
Defence Secretary Radha Krishna Mathur will hold discussions with his Chinese counterpart on various aspects of defence ties between the two countries which are expected to include incursions by PLA troops and apprehension of Indian nationals by them on few occasions last year, government sources told.
There have been several incursions by the Chinese troops along the Line of Actual Control even after the two sides signed the BDCA last October.
India has been saying that though the pact does not guarantee bringing an end to these incursions, it has helped in resolving the disputes at a faster pace.
The proposal for setting up a hotline between the DGMO- levels officials of their Army headquarters is also expected to be discussed and finalised at the meeting, they said.
The Chinese side had earlier said it does not have a DGMO in its force and they will have to find another officer for the purpose.
The meeting, which will begin on February 24, is also expected to discuss the possibilities of holding next round of joint Army exercises between the two sides, they said.
However, the agenda for the meeting between the senior officials of the two sides is yet to be finalised officially, they said.
The two sides recently held their third round of joint exercises in Kunming after a gap of nearly five years.
During the BDCA signing, the two sides had agreed for having more exchanges between their officers and training institutions.
They are also exploring the possibility of having joint exercises between the air forces and the navies.
The two countries had put on hold their joint exercises after the Chinese side denied visa to the then Northern Army Commander Lt Gen BS Jaswal in 2010.