India, China to encourage exchange of visits by journalists
New Delhi: India and China on Monday agreed to encourage exchange of visits by journalists so that they can act as a bridge for better cooperation between the countries.
This was decided after a Chinese delegation led by Cai Ming Zhao, Minister of State Council Information Office, met Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari.
"A delegation from Information Department of China is visiting India. They wanted to know how Chinese and Indian media can have better relations. It has been decided that Indian media professionals would be encouraged to go to China while their Chinese counterparts will be called to India so that the dialogue between both the countries can become more constructive," Tewari said after the meeting.
He stressed that in people-to-people relations between the two countries, media personnel could play an important role.
They also agreed to initiate steps to include media cooperation as part of 2014 celebrations to commemorate `Friendly Exchanges` between the two countries.
During the discussions between the two delegations, it was also agreed to explore possible areas of cooperation in the field of capacity building, co-production agreements related to films, sharing of the experience of institutionalising digitisation in Broadcasting sector and enhanced participation during the film festivals being held in both countries.
It was suggested that all areas could be identified under the aegis of a Working Group.
The Chinese Minister apprised Tewari of the critical components of Chinese media landscape including the developments related to the new media, an I&B ministry statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3