India, China to resolve outstanding differences
New Delhi: In a bid to ease irritants which have creeped in the last one year, India and China on Friday reached broad consensus on several issues and pledged firm
commitment to resolve outstanding differences, including the boundary issue at the earliest through peaceful negotiations.
After holding talks on key security and strategic matters, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his Chinese counterpart Wen Jiabao issued a joint statement which said,
"There is enough space in the world for the development of both India and China and indeed, enough areas for India and China to cooperate."
Noting that resolution of the boundary question is one of the ten-pronged strategies agreed by leaders of the two countries, the leaders decided that pending its resolution,
the two sides shall work together to maintain peace and tranquillity in the border areas in line with the previous agreements.
The two sides also noted the good cooperation between China and India in the field of trans-border rivers with the Indian side appreciating the assistance provided by the
Chinese side on the flood-season hydrological data and emergency management.
Underlining their unequivocal opposition to terrorism in all its forms and manifestations, the two countries stressed that there is no justification for any act of
"They committed themselves to countering terrorism through joint efforts that include disrupting the financing of terrorism," the statement said.
Recognising common interests and similar concerns on major regional and international issues, the two sides decided to enhance their coordination and cooperation in multilateral
"China attaches great importance to India`s status in international affairs as a large developing country, understands and supports India`s aspiration to play a greater
role in the United Nations, including in the Security Council," the statement said.
The two sides also agreed to further broad-base and balance trade and economic cooperation and identify new opportunities to realise the vast potential for future growth.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?