India commemorates 41st anniversary of 1971 war victory
New Delhi: India on Sunday paid tribute to its martyred soldiers, on the occasion of the 41st anniversary of its victory over Pakistan in the 1971 war that resulted in the liberation of East Pakistan now called Bangladesh.
December 16 is celebrated as ``Vijay Divas`` across India.
Defence Minister AK Antony paid homage to the brave soldiers at Amar Jawan Jyoti at India Gate.
The chiefs of the defence forces in India, Indian Navy Chief Admiral DK Joshi, Army Chief General Bikram Singh and Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne, also paid their homage to the martyred soldiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH