India commemorates 41st anniversary of 1971 war victory
New Delhi: India on Sunday paid tribute to its martyred soldiers, on the occasion of the 41st anniversary of its victory over Pakistan in the 1971 war that resulted in the liberation of East Pakistan now called Bangladesh.
December 16 is celebrated as ``Vijay Divas`` across India.
Defence Minister AK Antony paid homage to the brave soldiers at Amar Jawan Jyoti at India Gate.
The chiefs of the defence forces in India, Indian Navy Chief Admiral DK Joshi, Army Chief General Bikram Singh and Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne, also paid their homage to the martyred soldiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...