India commemorates 41st anniversary of 1971 war victory
New Delhi: India on Sunday paid tribute to its martyred soldiers, on the occasion of the 41st anniversary of its victory over Pakistan in the 1971 war that resulted in the liberation of East Pakistan now called Bangladesh.
December 16 is celebrated as ``Vijay Divas`` across India.
Defence Minister AK Antony paid homage to the brave soldiers at Amar Jawan Jyoti at India Gate.
The chiefs of the defence forces in India, Indian Navy Chief Admiral DK Joshi, Army Chief General Bikram Singh and Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne, also paid their homage to the martyred soldiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Politics over Yoga? BMC makes 'Surya Namaskar' mandatory in all affiliated schools in Mumbai
- Russia might use Iran air base again to carry out attacks on terror targets in Syria
- Sri Lanka vs Australia, 2nd ODI — As it happened...
- Special session of Goa Assembly to ratify GST on August 31
- Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing to discuss North Korean missile test