India commemorates 41st anniversary of 1971 war victory
New Delhi: India on Sunday paid tribute to its martyred soldiers, on the occasion of the 41st anniversary of its victory over Pakistan in the 1971 war that resulted in the liberation of East Pakistan now called Bangladesh.
December 16 is celebrated as ``Vijay Divas`` across India.
Defence Minister AK Antony paid homage to the brave soldiers at Amar Jawan Jyoti at India Gate.
The chiefs of the defence forces in India, Indian Navy Chief Admiral DK Joshi, Army Chief General Bikram Singh and Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne, also paid their homage to the martyred soldiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi