India commemorates 41st anniversary of 1971 war victory
New Delhi: India on Sunday paid tribute to its martyred soldiers, on the occasion of the 41st anniversary of its victory over Pakistan in the 1971 war that resulted in the liberation of East Pakistan now called Bangladesh.
December 16 is celebrated as ``Vijay Divas`` across India.
Defence Minister AK Antony paid homage to the brave soldiers at Amar Jawan Jyoti at India Gate.
The chiefs of the defence forces in India, Indian Navy Chief Admiral DK Joshi, Army Chief General Bikram Singh and Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne, also paid their homage to the martyred soldiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands