India committed to dignity of Tamils: TNA
Colombo: India has assured that it is committed to and would contribute its best efforts to ensure that Tamils in Sri Lanka secured a better future, the country`s main Tamil party said on Saturday.
Recalling their talks held in New Delhi with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and other senior officials between October 10-13 in New Delhi, TNA said they thanked "India for the substantial multi faceted assistance being provided by the government of India to enable the Tamil people to recommence life and rebuild their future".
The TNA said it expressed grave concern over the lack of progress by Sri Lanka in the effective implementation of the recommendations of the Lessons Learnt and Reconciliation Commission (LLRC).
India assured TNA that it would contribute its best efforts to ensure that Tamils in Sri Lanka secured a future marked by equality, dignity, justice and self-respect, TNA added.
The TNA`s New Delhi visit followed a meeting between Prime Minister Singh and his Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
However, the TNA expressed no views as to whether they would join Rajapaksa`s parliamentary select committee aimed at achieving a political solution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal