India condemns Karachi attack
New Delhi: India Monday condemned the terrorist attack at the Karachi airport in Pakistan, in which at least 23 people were killed.
"The attack yesterday (Sunday) on Karachi International Airport by 10 suicide bombers must be condemned in the strongest possible terms," external affairs ministry spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin told the media here.
"The attack underlines the magnitude of danger posed by terrorism. Left unchecked, terrorism will continue to hinder efforts to promote national economic development, overcome poverty and provide people better quality of lives."
The attack at Karachi`s Jinnah International Airport before Sunday midnight was launched by 10 assailants armed with rocket launchers and suicide vests.
Akbaruddin said there can be "no justification" for any act of terrorism.
"This scourge must be fought urgently and comprehensively, without making any exception," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know