India confident of strengthening strategic partnership with US
New Delhi: India on Thursday said it was confident that under the leadership of Secretary of State John Kerry Indo-US relationship will continue to strengthen not only for development of the two countries but also as "a pillar of stability amidst many global and regional challenges confronting" them.
Congratulating Kerry on his appointment as Secretary of State, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid told him in a letter that he was looking forward to working closely with him as the two countries continue to intensify their partnership.
In a separate letter to Hillary Clinton on her completion of four "very momentous and very exhaustive years" as Secretary of State, Khurshid said India valued her "enormous contributions to the further strengthening of the India-US bilateral strategic partnership which has acquired new depth and global dimensions under your stewardship".
In his letter to Kerry, the External Affairs Minister said "the sustained strengthening and diversification of the India-US global strategic partnership today goes beyond the bilateral dimension and has increasing relevance for global peace, stability and prosperity".
"We are confident that with your leadership of the Department of State, we will continue to strengthen our partnership not only for the development and prosperity of our two peoples but also as a pillar of stability amidst the many global and regional challenges confronting us", Khurshid said.
He said the next round of India-US Strategic Dialogue in New Delhi later this year offers an "ideal opportunity to explore concrete strategies to take our partnership to a higher level".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory