India confident of strengthening strategic partnership with US
New Delhi: India on Thursday said it was confident that under the leadership of Secretary of State John Kerry Indo-US relationship will continue to strengthen not only for development of the two countries but also as "a pillar of stability amidst many global and regional challenges confronting" them.
Congratulating Kerry on his appointment as Secretary of State, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid told him in a letter that he was looking forward to working closely with him as the two countries continue to intensify their partnership.
In a separate letter to Hillary Clinton on her completion of four "very momentous and very exhaustive years" as Secretary of State, Khurshid said India valued her "enormous contributions to the further strengthening of the India-US bilateral strategic partnership which has acquired new depth and global dimensions under your stewardship".
In his letter to Kerry, the External Affairs Minister said "the sustained strengthening and diversification of the India-US global strategic partnership today goes beyond the bilateral dimension and has increasing relevance for global peace, stability and prosperity".
"We are confident that with your leadership of the Department of State, we will continue to strengthen our partnership not only for the development and prosperity of our two peoples but also as a pillar of stability amidst the many global and regional challenges confronting us", Khurshid said.
He said the next round of India-US Strategic Dialogue in New Delhi later this year offers an "ideal opportunity to explore concrete strategies to take our partnership to a higher level".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof