India continues to be on terror radar: US
Washington: The US continues to receive information about terrorist groups planning attacks against India, the State Department has said and advised its nationals to be alert during their travel to the country in the coming months.
"The Department of State alerts US citizens to ongoing security concerns in India. The US government continues to receive information that terrorist groups may be planning attacks in India," the US State Department said in its latest terror alert.
Terrorists and their sympathisers have demonstrated their willingness and capability to attack targets where US citizens or Westerners are known to congregate or visit.
The recent advice replaces the travel alert dated December 29 that expired on April 30, the State Department said.
Noting that 26/11 Mumbai attacks provide a vivid reminder that hotels, markets and other public places are especially targeted by terrorist groups, the State Department asked its nationals to always practice good security, maintain a heightened situational awareness and a low profile.
"US citizens are advised to monitor local news reports and consider the level of security present when visiting public places, including religious sites, or choosing hotels, restaurants, entertainment and recreation venues," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report