India contributes USD 100K to Commonwealth Permanent Missions
United Nations: India has made a contribution of USD 100,000 to the Joint Office for Commonwealth Permanent Missions to the United Nations here.
The Permanent Mission of India to the UN handed over a cheque of USD 100,000 as India`s contribution to the Joint Office for Commonwealth Permanent?Missions to the UN for the year 2012-13.
The cheque was handed over yesterday to Senior Adviser in the Joint Office Michael Mitchell by First Secretary Abhishek Singh on behalf of the Indian Mission.
Permanent Representative of the Solomon Islands to the UN Collin Beck was also present during the occasion.
The Joint Office for Commonwealth Permanent Missions provides subsidised office space for diplomatic missions of Commonwealth small states to enable them to?maintain a presence in New York, engage fully with the UN and other multilateral agencies, as well as participate in international decision-making processes.
The Joint Office for Commonwealth Permanent Missions is made up of small countries from Africa, Asia, Pacific and the Caribbean.
The office, which has office space for 11 missions, currently hosts representatives from 10 member countries: Dominica, The Gambia, Grenada, Maldives, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Solomon Islands, Tuvalu and Vanuatu.
The office is currently funded by the governments of Australia, Canada, Cyprus, India, Malaysia, Malta, New Zealand, Nigeria, Singapore and the UK,?as well as the Commonwealth Secretariat, according to information on the Commonwealth Secretariat`s website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves