India conveys concerns to France of military supplies to Pak
New Delhi: India has conveyed its concerns to France over its sale of armament to Pakistan amid apprehensions that such supplies are used for purposes other
than fight against terror.
"Yes it was raised," French Defence Minister Gerard Longuet said when asked whether such concerns were conveyed during his meetings with his Indian counterpart AK Antony and Chiefs of Army and Navy.
India is concerned over military supplies by some western countries to Pakistan in the name of fight against terrorism, saying these are used to augment its defence capabilities rather than for the purpose intended.
Longuet argued that the French supplies are to enable Pakistan intercept terrorists.
"I can tell you the military equipment which France is selling to Pakistan is only for interception and electronic purposes to fight terrorists," he said.
Longuet evaded a direct reply on whether France would stop sale of heavy weaponry to Pakistan in the wake of Osama Bin Laden being found in Abbottabad.
"This part of the world needs some clarification and stability as well. India is an old strategic partner...Regarding Pakistan we are waiting for clarifications," he
On relationship between France and Pakistan in aftermath of killing of Bin Laden near Islamabad, Longuet said, "I have insisted that terrorism could not be the weapon for anybody and any government. The demise of Bin Laden should be the
opportunity to clarify responsibilities and the dialogue between US and Pakistan will pay attention to this."
He expressed hope that the information Americans get on Pakistan and its war against terrorism would be shared with all members of the coalition against terrorism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah