India conveys unhappiness over Kashmir reference
Istanbul: Conveying its "unhappiness" over
Turkey raking up the Kashmir issue in the UN General Assembly,
India on Sunday told it that the state is "part and parcel" of the
External Affairs Minister S M Krishna met his Turkish
counterpart Ahmet Davutoglu on the sidelines of Istanbul
conference during which Krishna conveyed the country`s
"surprise and unhappiness."
"India conveys its surprise and unhappiness on the UN
General Assembly speech of the Prime Minister of Turkey
wherein Kashmir was refereed to.
"India conveys that Kashmir is part and parcel of India
and has a democratically-elected state government," official
sources told PTI.
During his speech in UNGA on September 22 this year,
Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan had said that "the
illegitimate invasion of Azerbaijani territories, which has
been going on for many years now, must end. It is unacceptable
to let the Nagorno-Karabakh issue remain unresolved as such.
Finding solutions to international problems before they become
acute is a political and moral responsibility for all of us.
"In this respect, more effective efforts have to be
exerted to resolve the Kashmir issue and many other frozen
disputes which I can’t name here."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket