India conveys unhappiness over Kashmir reference
Istanbul: Conveying its "unhappiness" over
Turkey raking up the Kashmir issue in the UN General Assembly,
India on Sunday told it that the state is "part and parcel" of the
External Affairs Minister S M Krishna met his Turkish
counterpart Ahmet Davutoglu on the sidelines of Istanbul
conference during which Krishna conveyed the country`s
"surprise and unhappiness."
"India conveys its surprise and unhappiness on the UN
General Assembly speech of the Prime Minister of Turkey
wherein Kashmir was refereed to.
"India conveys that Kashmir is part and parcel of India
and has a democratically-elected state government," official
sources told PTI.
During his speech in UNGA on September 22 this year,
Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan had said that "the
illegitimate invasion of Azerbaijani territories, which has
been going on for many years now, must end. It is unacceptable
to let the Nagorno-Karabakh issue remain unresolved as such.
Finding solutions to international problems before they become
acute is a political and moral responsibility for all of us.
"In this respect, more effective efforts have to be
exerted to resolve the Kashmir issue and many other frozen
disputes which I can’t name here."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org