India crying for alternative to UPA, NDA: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Bureaucrat-turned-social activist-turned-politician Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday tweeted that the country is crying for an alternative to United Progressive Alliance (UPA) and National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
His tweet comes a day after the BJP backed party chief Nitin Gadkari, who is facing accusations of wrongdoing in business dealings, and described speculation of his resignation as "baseless". Also on Thursday, four Haryana bureaucrats had given Robert Vadra, the son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, a clean chit in land purchases over the last few years and said the deals were transparent.
Slamming both the BJP and Congress, the India Against Corruption activist tweeted: “Vadra gets clean chit. Gadkari supported by BJP. Both BJP n Cong exposed…Anti-corruption stances of BJP n Cong are pretence and lip service, meant to fool aam aadmi. Country crying for an alternative to UPA and NDA (sic)."
On Friday, Kejriwal had said that he was confident that like Vadra, Gadkari would also get a clean chit.
The IAC leader had termed as a cover-up the clean chit given by Haryana government to Vadra, alleging: "Newspapers say Haryana officers have given clean chit to Vadra. It was expected... there are some people in this county against whom no investigation can be made”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation