India crying for alternative to UPA, NDA: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Bureaucrat-turned-social activist-turned-politician Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday tweeted that the country is crying for an alternative to United Progressive Alliance (UPA) and National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
His tweet comes a day after the BJP backed party chief Nitin Gadkari, who is facing accusations of wrongdoing in business dealings, and described speculation of his resignation as "baseless". Also on Thursday, four Haryana bureaucrats had given Robert Vadra, the son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, a clean chit in land purchases over the last few years and said the deals were transparent.
Slamming both the BJP and Congress, the India Against Corruption activist tweeted: “Vadra gets clean chit. Gadkari supported by BJP. Both BJP n Cong exposed…Anti-corruption stances of BJP n Cong are pretence and lip service, meant to fool aam aadmi. Country crying for an alternative to UPA and NDA (sic)."
On Friday, Kejriwal had said that he was confident that like Vadra, Gadkari would also get a clean chit.
The IAC leader had termed as a cover-up the clean chit given by Haryana government to Vadra, alleging: "Newspapers say Haryana officers have given clean chit to Vadra. It was expected... there are some people in this county against whom no investigation can be made”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read