India crying for alternative to UPA, NDA: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Bureaucrat-turned-social activist-turned-politician Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday tweeted that the country is crying for an alternative to United Progressive Alliance (UPA) and National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
His tweet comes a day after the BJP backed party chief Nitin Gadkari, who is facing accusations of wrongdoing in business dealings, and described speculation of his resignation as "baseless". Also on Thursday, four Haryana bureaucrats had given Robert Vadra, the son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, a clean chit in land purchases over the last few years and said the deals were transparent.
Slamming both the BJP and Congress, the India Against Corruption activist tweeted: “Vadra gets clean chit. Gadkari supported by BJP. Both BJP n Cong exposed…Anti-corruption stances of BJP n Cong are pretence and lip service, meant to fool aam aadmi. Country crying for an alternative to UPA and NDA (sic)."
On Friday, Kejriwal had said that he was confident that like Vadra, Gadkari would also get a clean chit.
The IAC leader had termed as a cover-up the clean chit given by Haryana government to Vadra, alleging: "Newspapers say Haryana officers have given clean chit to Vadra. It was expected... there are some people in this county against whom no investigation can be made”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing