India deputes officials to oversee Myanmar polls
New Delhi: India has deputed two senior election officials and its Ambassador to Myanmar to oversee elections in that country.
Indian Ambassador to Myanmar VS Sheshadri, Manipur Chief Electoral Officer PC Lawmkunga and his Assam counterpart Maninder Singh will be observing the elections in Myanmar, the External Affairs Ministry said.
Voters in Myanmar are today casting ballots in historic polls seen as a test of the military-dominated regime`s reforms, in which opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi is standing for the first time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days