India deputes officials to oversee Myanmar polls
New Delhi: India has deputed two senior election officials and its Ambassador to Myanmar to oversee elections in that country.
Indian Ambassador to Myanmar VS Sheshadri, Manipur Chief Electoral Officer PC Lawmkunga and his Assam counterpart Maninder Singh will be observing the elections in Myanmar, the External Affairs Ministry said.
Voters in Myanmar are today casting ballots in historic polls seen as a test of the military-dominated regime`s reforms, in which opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi is standing for the first time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?