India deputes officials to oversee Myanmar polls
New Delhi: India has deputed two senior election officials and its Ambassador to Myanmar to oversee elections in that country.
Indian Ambassador to Myanmar VS Sheshadri, Manipur Chief Electoral Officer PC Lawmkunga and his Assam counterpart Maninder Singh will be observing the elections in Myanmar, the External Affairs Ministry said.
Voters in Myanmar are today casting ballots in historic polls seen as a test of the military-dominated regime`s reforms, in which opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi is standing for the first time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack