India didn`t raise Anderson with Obama
New Delhi: India had not "specifically"
raised with US President Barack Obama the issue of extradition
of former Union Carbide chief Warren Anderson in the Bhopal
tragedy case, the Rajya Sabha was informed on Thursday.
Replying to a written question, External Affairs
Minister S M Krishna said as per the directions of the Group
of Ministers, the material prepared by the investigating
agency in support of extradition of Anderson was under
examination by the competent authorities from the legal angle.
"Pending such examination, the issue was not
specifically placed on the agenda of discussions with the US
President," the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview