India disappointed over Pak claim of Indian evidence on Saeed
New Delhi: India on Wednesday expressed
disappointment over Pakistan`s continued claim that it was not
being given evidence about involvement of Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief
Hafiz Saeed in Mumbai terror attacks and said the material
given to Islamabad was "more than enough" to arrest him.
"I was disappointed when I heard him (Pakistan`s Interior
Minister Rahman Malik) say that evidence was still not being
presented to Pakistan and what is worse when he said we
(Islamabad) are not responsible if something happens in the
future," Home Minister P Chidambaram told reporters here.
He said if Pakistan government consulted any lawyer, he
would advise them that "the evidence given in the series of
dossiers is more than enough to arrest Hafiz Saeed, for
example, to set up Special Investigation Team, and if they
follow all the leads given in these dossiers and bring charges
Chidambaram termed as "not very encouraging" the comments
made by Malik.
"I am very surprised," he said adding "such statement is
not at all expected from such a responsible minister of a
government which is being forced to concede that the attack
was planned in Pakistan soil and executed by Pakistani
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?