India earmarks Rs 500cr for IDPs in Lanka
New Delhi: India has earmarked Rs 500
crores for the relief and rehabilitation of the Internally
Displaced Persons (IDPs) in Sri Lanka, Lok Sabha was informed
Minister of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur,
in a written reply, said the government is considering taking
up several measures, including in the field of agriculture, in
Sri Lanka with a view to facilitate rehabilitation of IDPs.
"The government has earmarked Rs 500 crores for the
relief and rehabilitation of the IDPs," she said.
China: India is discussing with Chinese authorities
the inclusion of 24 additional items for border trade, which
mainly includes agricultural products, Kaur said in reply to
She said the trade has grown from Rs 19.67 lakhs in
2006 to Rs 97.62 lakhs in 2008.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!