India earmarks Rs 500cr for IDPs in Lanka
New Delhi: India has earmarked Rs 500
crores for the relief and rehabilitation of the Internally
Displaced Persons (IDPs) in Sri Lanka, Lok Sabha was informed
Minister of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur,
in a written reply, said the government is considering taking
up several measures, including in the field of agriculture, in
Sri Lanka with a view to facilitate rehabilitation of IDPs.
"The government has earmarked Rs 500 crores for the
relief and rehabilitation of the IDPs," she said.
China: India is discussing with Chinese authorities
the inclusion of 24 additional items for border trade, which
mainly includes agricultural products, Kaur said in reply to
She said the trade has grown from Rs 19.67 lakhs in
2006 to Rs 97.62 lakhs in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH