India earmarks Rs 500cr for IDPs in Lanka
New Delhi: India has earmarked Rs 500
crores for the relief and rehabilitation of the Internally
Displaced Persons (IDPs) in Sri Lanka, Lok Sabha was informed
Minister of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur,
in a written reply, said the government is considering taking
up several measures, including in the field of agriculture, in
Sri Lanka with a view to facilitate rehabilitation of IDPs.
"The government has earmarked Rs 500 crores for the
relief and rehabilitation of the IDPs," she said.
China: India is discussing with Chinese authorities
the inclusion of 24 additional items for border trade, which
mainly includes agricultural products, Kaur said in reply to
She said the trade has grown from Rs 19.67 lakhs in
2006 to Rs 97.62 lakhs in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH