India earmarks Rs 500cr for IDPs in Lanka
New Delhi: India has earmarked Rs 500
crores for the relief and rehabilitation of the Internally
Displaced Persons (IDPs) in Sri Lanka, Lok Sabha was informed
Minister of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur,
in a written reply, said the government is considering taking
up several measures, including in the field of agriculture, in
Sri Lanka with a view to facilitate rehabilitation of IDPs.
"The government has earmarked Rs 500 crores for the
relief and rehabilitation of the IDPs," she said.
China: India is discussing with Chinese authorities
the inclusion of 24 additional items for border trade, which
mainly includes agricultural products, Kaur said in reply to
She said the trade has grown from Rs 19.67 lakhs in
2006 to Rs 97.62 lakhs in 2008.
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Motorola expected to launch Moto G (4th Gen) handset on May 17
- Ex-servicemen suspend OROP protest, threaten to intensify agitation if demands not met
- West Bengal goes for fifth phase of polling on Saturday
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children
- S&P keeps UK on triple-A rating, says expects no Brexit