India earmarks Rs 500cr for IDPs in Lanka
New Delhi: India has earmarked Rs 500
crores for the relief and rehabilitation of the Internally
Displaced Persons (IDPs) in Sri Lanka, Lok Sabha was informed
Minister of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur,
in a written reply, said the government is considering taking
up several measures, including in the field of agriculture, in
Sri Lanka with a view to facilitate rehabilitation of IDPs.
"The government has earmarked Rs 500 crores for the
relief and rehabilitation of the IDPs," she said.
China: India is discussing with Chinese authorities
the inclusion of 24 additional items for border trade, which
mainly includes agricultural products, Kaur said in reply to
She said the trade has grown from Rs 19.67 lakhs in
2006 to Rs 97.62 lakhs in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss