India, Egypt decide to enhance defence ties
New Delhi: India and Egypt Wednesday decided to enhance their defence ties by having increased interactions and cooperation between the armed forces of the two countries.
"During a meeting between Defence Minister A K Antony and his Egyptian counterpart Gen Abdel Fattah al Sisi, the two sides agreed there was scope for enhancing defence cooperation in various areas, including increased interactions between the two armed forces and through technology collaboration between industries," the Defence Ministry said in a release.
Sisi is part of the delegation accompanying the Egyptian President Mohd Morsi during his visit to India.
"It was decided that opportunities for increasing cooperation will be discussed by both sides during the next meeting of the Joint Defence Committee, which is expected to be held in the near future, at the mutual convenience of both sides," it said.
The Joint Defence Committee was set up in 2006 between the two countries.
The Egyptian Defence Minister also briefed Antony about the security situation in West Asia and in Egypt’s neighborhood.
Sisi extended an invitation to Antony to visit Egypt, which was accepted by the Defence Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened