India eyes EU agreement to supply manpower
Sriperumbudur (TN): Attempting to capitalise
on the "ageing population" in the European countries, the
Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs has said it is trying to
sign an agreement with the European Union to supply manpower.
He was speaking on the sidelines of the International
Seminar on `Young People and Migration` at Rajiv Gandhi
National Institute of Youth Development here.
"There is an ageing population in Europe. It is a problem
faced by them. So they need young people to work, so we are
talking to them that we have any number of people - doctors,
engineers, professors. We will continue to see that the young
people get to go abroad," Minister for Overseas Indian Affairs
Vayalar Ravi said here.
The minister said that the Indian Council of Overseas
Employees (ICOE), a unit under the Ministry of Overseas Indian
Affairs was trying to sign an agreement with the EU for legal
migration of the young people to the European countries and it
has already signed agreements with Denmark and others.
Ravi added that remittances made to the country through
Indians working abroad last year was 57 billion US dollars.
"Remittance has gone up from 53, 54 to 57 billion USD.
Year before last, it was 54.5 or something. So, it has gone
Intending to ensure legal migration flowing out of the
country, he said: "(Amendments to) Immigration Regulation Act,
1983 is pending. Some concerned ministries are to get
approval... so I want to change the whole thing and make it a
new bill, which will be help more in legal migration."
The Act would be amended to bring within legal ambit all
the exigencies covering the Immigration processes, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon