India flays OIC references to Jammu and Kashmir
New Delhi: India on Friday criticised mentioning of "misleading references" to Jammu and Kashmir in a resolution by Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) in its meeting in Jeddah.
"We note with regret that the Organization of the Islamic Cooperation has once again made factually incorrect and misleading references to matters internal to India, including the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir which is an integral part of India.
"We reject all such references/resolutions. The OIC has no locus standi on matters concerning the internal affairs of India," the Spokesperson in the External Affairs Ministry said.
He said this in response to a question on resolutions adopted during the 41st session of the Council of Foreign Ministers of OIC in which has mentions about Jammu and Kashmir along with countries like Yemen, Mali Bosnia and Herzegovina.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31