India flays OIC references to Jammu and Kashmir
New Delhi: India on Friday criticised mentioning of "misleading references" to Jammu and Kashmir in a resolution by Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) in its meeting in Jeddah.
"We note with regret that the Organization of the Islamic Cooperation has once again made factually incorrect and misleading references to matters internal to India, including the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir which is an integral part of India.
"We reject all such references/resolutions. The OIC has no locus standi on matters concerning the internal affairs of India," the Spokesperson in the External Affairs Ministry said.
He said this in response to a question on resolutions adopted during the 41st session of the Council of Foreign Ministers of OIC in which has mentions about Jammu and Kashmir along with countries like Yemen, Mali Bosnia and Herzegovina.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes