India flays OIC references to Jammu and Kashmir
New Delhi: India on Friday criticised mentioning of "misleading references" to Jammu and Kashmir in a resolution by Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) in its meeting in Jeddah.
"We note with regret that the Organization of the Islamic Cooperation has once again made factually incorrect and misleading references to matters internal to India, including the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir which is an integral part of India.
"We reject all such references/resolutions. The OIC has no locus standi on matters concerning the internal affairs of India," the Spokesperson in the External Affairs Ministry said.
He said this in response to a question on resolutions adopted during the 41st session of the Council of Foreign Ministers of OIC in which has mentions about Jammu and Kashmir along with countries like Yemen, Mali Bosnia and Herzegovina.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre