India, France discuss nuke cooperation
New Delhi: Strategic bilateral cooperation in civil nuclear energy, defence and trade were some of the key issues discussed between Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao and French Secretary General in Ministry of Foreign Affairs Pierre Sellal apart from situation in the region.
Rao, who is visiting Paris, held annual Foreign Office Consultations yesterday with Sellal during which the two sides reviewed the entire range of bilateral relations including strategic cooperation in key areas, an External Affairs Ministry release said today.
"There was also an exchange of views on the regional and international situation. The two sides also discussed the evolving situation in North Africa and the Middle East, in particular Libya and Syria," it said.
The two sides affirmed their determination to work together in the United Nations Security Council to promote peace and stability and a greater voice to the developing world through reform of the Security Council.
They also agreed to work closely on G-20 issues during France`s Presidency of the group.
The discussions also gave an opportunity to look at further ways of strengthening the strategic partnership defined by the strong and future-oriented vision that was
articulated during French President Nicolas Sarkozy`s visit to India in December last year.
During the visit, the Foreign Secretary met Jean-David Levitte, Diplomatic Advisor to the President and senior officials of the French government and also addressed the Institut Francais des Relations Internationales (IFRI) on 5th
May on the subject of `India`s Role in Global Affairs`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail