India, France discuss nuke cooperation
New Delhi: Strategic bilateral cooperation in civil nuclear energy, defence and trade were some of the key issues discussed between Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao and French Secretary General in Ministry of Foreign Affairs Pierre Sellal apart from situation in the region.
Rao, who is visiting Paris, held annual Foreign Office Consultations yesterday with Sellal during which the two sides reviewed the entire range of bilateral relations including strategic cooperation in key areas, an External Affairs Ministry release said today.
"There was also an exchange of views on the regional and international situation. The two sides also discussed the evolving situation in North Africa and the Middle East, in particular Libya and Syria," it said.
The two sides affirmed their determination to work together in the United Nations Security Council to promote peace and stability and a greater voice to the developing world through reform of the Security Council.
They also agreed to work closely on G-20 issues during France`s Presidency of the group.
The discussions also gave an opportunity to look at further ways of strengthening the strategic partnership defined by the strong and future-oriented vision that was
articulated during French President Nicolas Sarkozy`s visit to India in December last year.
During the visit, the Foreign Secretary met Jean-David Levitte, Diplomatic Advisor to the President and senior officials of the French government and also addressed the Institut Francais des Relations Internationales (IFRI) on 5th
May on the subject of `India`s Role in Global Affairs`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results LIVE: BJP registers emphatic win; PM Narendra Modi says it's a great start to 2017
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17