India, France ink agreement on sustainable urban development
New Delhi: India and France inked an agreement in the field of sustainable urban development and also discussed ways to boost their economic and commercial ties, a statement said on Monday.
Union Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath and Nicole Bricq, the France`s minister for foreign trade, signed an administrative agreement in the field of sustainable urban development in Paris.
Speaking on the occasion, Nath expressed his appreciation for the work in the field of sustainable urban development carried out in France and felt that India could benefit immensely from the French experience.
Earlier, Nath and Bricq expressed satisfaction at the maturity reached in the strategic relations between India and France and also discussed ways to enhance their economic and commercial relations.
Nath briefed the French minister about the recent decisions India has taken to further liberalise Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) regulations and reiterated the government`s commitment to continuing with liberalisation of the Indian economy.
Nath said both countries would benefit from the agreement as it would provide an enabling platform for officials, professionals, business leaders and local self-governing bodies to meet and share knowledge and best practices in the urban sector.
He expressed hope the agreement would lead to enhanced cooperation and deepen the engagement between the two countries. He invited international firms, including French firms, to participate in the process of making cities greener and more sustainable.
The implementation of the agreement will take place under the aegis of the Indo-French Joint Working Group on Urban Development comprising representatives from the Ministry of Urban Development (India) and the Ministry of Regional Equality & Housing and the Ministry of Ecology, Sustainable Development & Energy (France).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata