India-France joint military exercise begins
New Delhi: India and France on Monday began the
first-ever joint army exercise to share their expertise in
counter-terrorism and counter-insurgency operations.
"The two-week exercise is aimed at enhancing combat
skills, promoting mutual understanding and inter-operability
between the two armies. 60 troops from French 13 Mountain
Battalion and an equal number of soldiers from 2 Bihar
regiment are participating in the exercise which is being held
in Chaubattia in Ranikhet," an official release said here.
During the exercise codenamed "Shakti 2011", the troops
from the two countries will practice basic combat tactics
related to various aspects of counter-terrorism operations in
detail and exchange their combat techniques and skills, it
"The training syllabus also includes sharing of each
other`s experiences and lessons drawn from operations
undertaken by the two great armies," the release said.
The highlights of the training would be the final
consolidation exercise in which troops of both armies will
jointly plan and execute a series of counter-terrorist
The joint operations will including techniques and
employment of commandos in the thick forests on the
outskirts of Ranikhet.
"The exercise is likely to enhance defence cooperation
and military-to-military relations between the two nations and
will be a harbinger to future cooperation in ensuring world
peace and stability," the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!