India Gate reverberates with victory chants
New Delhi: The India Gate resonated with
chants of `Vande Mataram` this evening as a large number of
people gathered at the war memorial to "celebrate the victory"
of civil society on Lokpal Bill issue.
Shouting slogans hailing Anna Hazare, who called off
his indefinite hunger strike this morning, people converged at
the war memorial and held a candle light vigil.
Chanting `Vante Mataram`, they took out small
processions near the India Gate. Some families, which had come
there for an evening outing also joined the celebrations.
Carrying anti-corruption placards, the youth danced to
the tunes of drum beats while others took out silent
marches. Some people were seen waving tricolors.
"This is a memorable day. It will be etched in our
memory for ever as people`s will prevailed over those in
power," said Anu Hazarika, an activist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Turmeric compound may treat colon cancer
- Flash floods, landslides leave 112 dead in China, thousands evacuated: State media
- Shocking: Man steals car battery in broad daylight! Watch viral video
- Twitter will not Periscope its quarterly earnings results
- Arjun Rampal's mother fights cancer, actor prays for her good health