India gives consular access to Pakistani to injured prisoner
New Delhi: India on Friday night granted consular access to Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah Ranjay who was injured in a scuffle in a Jammu jail.
Three Pakistan High Commission officials were granted permission by the Ministry of External Affairs to meet Ranjay at Post Graduate Institute of Medical Science and Research, Chandigarh, where he is receiving treatment.
The three Pakistan High Commission officials and a driver have also been granted permission to travel to Chandigarh to meet Ranjay.
Ranjay was injured during a scuffle with another inmate in Jammu jail where he was serving life term after being convicted under TADA provisions. He was arrested in 1999.
A resident of Sialkot in Pakistan, Ranjay was immediately shifted from high-security Kot Balwal jail to Government Medical College Hospital and later rushed to PGIMR in Chandigarh in an air ambulance after doctors said his condition was critical.
The incident involving Sanaullah comes a day after the death of Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh after a murderous attack on him in a Lahore prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31