India giving befitting reply to ceasefire violations: Lt Gen KH Singh
Jammu: Lieutenant General KH Singh on Saturday said that the Indian Army is giving a befitting reply to Pakistani troops over the ceasefire violations and infiltrations attempts from across the border.
Singh told the media, "This time there is a marginal increase in ceasefire violations. Let me assure you, the counter infiltration bid is firmly in place and I can say with a lot of confidence that our troops on the Line of Control (LoC) are giving a befitting reply and will continue to do so. Any nefarious designs of the enemy will be defeated."
The Lieutenant General also said that the ceasefire violations by Pakistan are "quite normal" compared to last year.
"I would like to assure you all that the ceasefire violations around this time generally increases because of the undergrowth, because of the situation in Pakistan and also because of the upcoming elections. But is quite normal compared to last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday