India giving befitting reply to ceasefire violations: Lt Gen KH Singh
Jammu: Lieutenant General KH Singh on Saturday said that the Indian Army is giving a befitting reply to Pakistani troops over the ceasefire violations and infiltrations attempts from across the border.
Singh told the media, "This time there is a marginal increase in ceasefire violations. Let me assure you, the counter infiltration bid is firmly in place and I can say with a lot of confidence that our troops on the Line of Control (LoC) are giving a befitting reply and will continue to do so. Any nefarious designs of the enemy will be defeated."
The Lieutenant General also said that the ceasefire violations by Pakistan are "quite normal" compared to last year.
"I would like to assure you all that the ceasefire violations around this time generally increases because of the undergrowth, because of the situation in Pakistan and also because of the upcoming elections. But is quite normal compared to last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling