India giving befitting reply to ceasefire violations: Lt Gen KH Singh
Jammu: Lieutenant General KH Singh on Saturday said that the Indian Army is giving a befitting reply to Pakistani troops over the ceasefire violations and infiltrations attempts from across the border.
Singh told the media, "This time there is a marginal increase in ceasefire violations. Let me assure you, the counter infiltration bid is firmly in place and I can say with a lot of confidence that our troops on the Line of Control (LoC) are giving a befitting reply and will continue to do so. Any nefarious designs of the enemy will be defeated."
The Lieutenant General also said that the ceasefire violations by Pakistan are "quite normal" compared to last year.
"I would like to assure you all that the ceasefire violations around this time generally increases because of the undergrowth, because of the situation in Pakistan and also because of the upcoming elections. But is quite normal compared to last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery