India giving befitting reply to ceasefire violations: Lt Gen KH Singh
Jammu: Lieutenant General KH Singh on Saturday said that the Indian Army is giving a befitting reply to Pakistani troops over the ceasefire violations and infiltrations attempts from across the border.
Singh told the media, "This time there is a marginal increase in ceasefire violations. Let me assure you, the counter infiltration bid is firmly in place and I can say with a lot of confidence that our troops on the Line of Control (LoC) are giving a befitting reply and will continue to do so. Any nefarious designs of the enemy will be defeated."
The Lieutenant General also said that the ceasefire violations by Pakistan are "quite normal" compared to last year.
"I would like to assure you all that the ceasefire violations around this time generally increases because of the undergrowth, because of the situation in Pakistan and also because of the upcoming elections. But is quite normal compared to last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr