India grants Rs 2.75 crores to school in Nepal
Kathmandu: India has announced an assistance of Rs 2.75 crores for the construction of a school building in western Nepal.
Prime Minister Babu Ram Bhattarai laid the foundation stone of Amar Jyoti Janata Higher Secondary School in Gorkha district in the presence of Ambassador Jayant Prasad.
Established in 1960 as a primary school and subsequently upgraded to the level of lower secondary and higher secondary level, Amar Jyoti school provides educational facilities to over 815 students.
The new facility being built at a cost of NRs 43.65 million will provide improved learning environment to the student community and significantly contribute towards the further development of education in the District, said a press release issued by the Indian embassy.
In addition to this school, two more projects in Gorkha district are being implemented by Nepalese agencies with Indian financial assistance of Rs 73.3 million.
Four ambulances have also been gifted to various healthcare organisations in Gorkha District by the Government of India.
India has been a longstanding partner of Nepal in its quest for progress, said Ambassador Prasad who was also present on the occasion .
The ambassador said that the embassy is instituting two Mahatma Gandhi scholarships for the Amar Jyoti Janata School.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in